Including Romanby Golf & Country Club and Romanby Golf Club
Updated May 2018.
WHO WE ARE
This Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by Romanby Golf Course Limited, (“Romanby Golf & Country Club” or “Romanby Golf Club” here after referred to in this document as “We”) as Data Controller.
We are committed to protecting your data and respecting your privacy.
We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect with your data. We handle and process data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (“GDPR”) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
You give us information when you buy or contact us with an enquiry; by joining Romanby Golf Club as a member; purchase an item; request us to provide you with information; make a country club reservation, golf booking, golf booking through our preferred third party providers BRS, contact us via email, mobile messaging or when posting on or communicating via our social medial platforms; or by communicating with us via any other channel.
The information we may collect, hold and process about you, provided by you, may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number(s)
- Bank details and/or payment details
- Dietary requirements
- Security camera video recordings
- Billing information
- Details of other people within your group booking including name and age
- Purchase/transaction history
- Your preference for how we communicate with you about our activities
- IP address
- Information that is available publicly, including social media username if you interact with us through social media channels
- Record of accidents and treatment received
- Booking systems access names and passwords
We maintain a record of your transaction history, but we never store your payment card number, although we may keep a record of the last four digits only to help us identify transactions.
We keep a record of the emails we send you, and we may track whether you receive or open them so we can make sure we are sending you relevant information. We may track subsequent online actions such as room, golf or dinner bookings and related purchases and enquiries. We may monitor or record calls for security and training purposes and to improve the quality of our services.
We may record and store security camera images for security and crime prevention measures.
HOW WE & Romanby Golf Club USE YOUR INFORMATION
The above information is used to:
- provide security and evidence to assist in the prosecution of crimes.
- provide our services to you and enable us to process, administer and manage your booking, orders, contracts, accounts and enquiries.
- create an account so that we understand and respect your preferences.
- establish dietary requirements and provide suitable catering options for you and your guests (where applicable).
- inform you about changes to our products and services or new products and services, event offers and promotions.
- communicate information about any agreement you may have with us or have enquired about.
- improve the services we offer you (which may sometimes include undertaking customer research).
- keep a record of your relationship with us and how you prefer to be contacted.
- analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so we can contact you with information most relevant to you.
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- administer prize draws and competitions you have entered.
- facilitate our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- resolve an enquiry or progress a complaint.
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations placed on Romanby Golf Course Ltd and Romanby Golf Club (Members area).
We use profiling and segmentation to ensure communications are relevant to you. For this purpose we may analyse geographic, demographic and other information relating to you to enable us to understand your preferences.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
All personal information we hold is stored on our secured servers in the UK and EU. Access to our information is strictly controlled. We may disclose your details to police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors if so required.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We never sell personal information to third parties.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our commercial partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE INFORMATION
The legal basis for collecting and processing your data may be:
- Consent – you may have given us your consent to use your data for example when you tick a box to receive marketing emails, offers and newsletters. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Contractual obligation – to enter into a contract with us we need your personal information (including financial information) to process and fulfil the contract for example a golf booking or country club reservation.
- Legal obligation – if required by law to process personal information for example to comply with health and safety and equality obligations or to provide information to the police to prevent fraud or criminal activity.
- Legitimate interest – for a genuine business reason that does not override your rights, freedom or interests for example administrative purposes, or using your purchase history to send you personalised offers.
You have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and confirmation of how it is being processed. You will be required to verify your identity when making a request. If you would like to make a request for information please:
Send a request in writing to Data Protection Officer, Romanby Golf Course Limited, Yafforth Road, Northallerton, DL7 0PE
You also have the right to:
- request that we correct inaccuracies to your information or complete your information if incomplete. You must notify us of any updates, amendments or corrections to previously collected personal information either via the preference centre or via email to [email protected]. We require you to keep the personal information we hold on you up to date and accurate.
- request that we delete some or all of your personal information for example if it is no longer necessary for us to hold it for the purpose it was provided, and we have no legal basis to retain it.
- request that we stop or limit the processing of your information where you think the information we hold is inaccurate (until the accuracy is proved or updated); if you have objected to the processing (when it was necessary for legitimate interests); if you have consented to the use of it; or if it is no longer necessary for us to hold it for the purpose it was provided and we have no legal basis to retain it.
- (in certain circumstances) move, copy or transfer your personal information to another organisation or to yourself. This applies only to personal information you have provided us with and is being processed by us with your consent, also performance of a contract that is processed automatically.
- (in certain circumstances) object to certain types of processing of your personal information when it is based on legitimate interests, when it is processed for direct marketing including profiling, or when it is processed for the purpose of statistics.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Your personal information will be retained for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we collected it or as required to satisfy any legal or reporting obligation or to resolve a dispute or enforce an agreement.
When we no longer require your personal information, we will dispose of it in line with approved company processes. If personal data is retained for legal or reporting obligations it will be archived and reduced to the minimum information required.
If you have provided us with your consent to process your personal information you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In order to do so you should contact us by emailing [email protected]
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us by contacting:
Data Protection Officer
By post to:
Romanby Golf Course Ltd
By e-mail to: [email protected]
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioners Office at https://www.ico.org.uk/concerns/